Gritz

Monday, May 22, 2006

Capitol Picture


D.C. Capitol

This is such a beautiful structure! It towers above the D.C. skyline. Jeff told me that no building structure is allowed to be taller than this dome in the Capitol, which I think is cool.

I cannot list my favorite highlight of the trip--it was all wonderful and illuminating! However, for extracurricular activity, I have to say my favorite was the National Art Gallery. I sat in front of Monet for such a long time, and Pissaro's pointilism really inspired me, and of course an all-time favorite from last summer when I last saw his art in England, Turner and Constible. Van Gogh was there too, and although I never saw him, I bought several prints of Kandensky, a Russian modern artist. I've never been a fan of modern art, but every once in a while, one will inspire me--more for the colors than the technicality or lack thereof :) in an artwork.

Then of course, I really loved the WWII Memorial--the symbolism behind it all was fantastic, and really fun for me to figure out! When I can have my notes in front of me I will write more about my thoughts.Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home